Monday, June 13, 2011

MY NEW JOB

Walked 2 1/2 miles today from my campground to the corporate offices of NASCAR , across the street from the racetrack, told the receptionist " I want a job", she gave me list of job openings which I read though and then selected NASCAR official, she then gave me an application which I filled out.
Under title of current employment I wrote "self employed adventurist"
She took my application and said someone would call within the next 5 days to sch an interview, I said really, your not joking, she said no someone will call you, I asked can I wait right here on the couch, she said no not at night.
So now I wait
"We are seeking qualified candidates for full time and part time Official/Inspector openings. This position is responsible for learning, understanding and enforcing the NASCAR Rulebook in a consistent, timely, and professional manner as it applies to inspection and race procedures. Will maintain proper communication with assigned crew chiefs and/or Race Control. Must have good written and oral communication skills, and experience/education in the field of mechanics or prior experience as an official. Job requires 90% travel."

No comments:

Post a Comment